Whether due to lack of time or laziness, it can be tedious to visit a hairdresser to get a blow-dry. Especially when we don’t want to trim or have any treatments done on it.
On the bright side, nowadays you don’t have to leave the house to get your hair blow-dried just the way you like it. Today’s professional hairdryer options do the job very well.
However, due to the wide variety of products, you may be overwhelmed and not know which one to choose. For this reason, we have prepared a comparative buying guide of the best professional hair dryers on the market.
What have we taken into account in this comparison?
Being a savvy shopper means choosing wisely the product you want to buy. But if you don’t know much about professional hair dryers, no problem. To solve that, we have prepared for you some features we have taken into account to choose a top professional hairdryer.
- Versatility: Several elements differentiate a regular hair dryer from a professional one, including the heat setting and drying speed features. The best hair dryers allow you to vary the heat emitted and the airspeed to suit different types of drying and more varied hair.
- Power: This point is essential to find the hair dryer that best suits your needs. Usually, if you need fast drying because you have little time to spare, it is better to buy dryers with more power. However, we recommend you find a balance with this as more powerful dryers are usually a bit heavier.
- Weight: Since we talked a bit about the importance, let’s take this opportunity to tell you more about this important feature. If you think you will use your dryer for long periods, either because you have your business or you dry the hair of more people, you should consider a weight that you do not find uncomfortable after a short time. The good news is that professional hair dryers are designed to be lightweight, despite their high power.
- Cord length: Since it is essential to be mobile when drying your hair, how long or short the cord is will play a vital role in the freedom you will have to operate your hair dryer. However, a long line will allow you to move freely and give you more options to connect to the power supply. For this, we recommend a length of approximately 3 meters.
Professional Hair Dryer Buying Guide
Before purchasing any product, it’s normal to feel a little nervous. So, if you still have doubts about everything you need to know to buy a top professional hairdryer, we have prepared a small buying guide with some related topics.
Differences between a regular hairdryer and a professional hairdryer
Now that you’ve read a lot about the professional hairdryer, you’re probably wondering what the differences are between one type and another. To clarify this concisely, we have compiled a list for you in which we will explain point by point their dissimilarities:
- Variation of power: One of the best additions that a professional hair dryer can offer you compared to a normal one is that the professional ones will usually give you more power and speed options so that you can use it in different situations and obtain much more varied results.
- Higher quality accessories: In both the lower price range hair dryers and the professional ones, you can find models that will include several accessories with the purchase. However, professional hair dryers will ensure a greater variety of accessories, with better materials and more durability.
- Cold air button: In the case of the top professional dryers, you can find this helpful button that will allow you to release a blast of cold air that will seal the cuticles of the hair to make it softer and shinier.
- Hanging hole: Another addition that may sound insignificant but, in practice, is handy is this one. The cheapest dryers don’t have it, but this hole will allow you to hang your tool while it is still cooling.
Which hair dryer is least damaging?
Ceramic or tourmaline heating elements are thought to be less damaging to your hair than metal ones, as they emit infrared heat and lock in moisture. Ceramic hair dryers distribute heat more evenly, preventing “hot spots” and minimizing heat damage.
Is a hair dryer suitable for the head?
Blow drying is known to damage your hair. The heat from a dryer can disrupt your hair cuticles and put the scalp under strain.
What are the benefits of a hair dryer?
Why are hairdryers so important? Blow drying helps to pre-mold your hair into a style. It plays a part in every haircut service we provide at Murdock as it effectively takes the moisture out of hair, causing less frizz, and creates a natural overall body and shape to style away at.
Can I use a hair dryer every day?
Split ends, breakage, and brittle hair. It doesn’t matter if you hit your hair with the heat every day or once a week; the fact of the matter is, every time you do, it is going to cause damage, so ideally, you want to avoid blow drying altogether or go as long as you can between blow drys.
Do hair dryers cause hair loss?
If you’re noticing an abnormal amount of hair loss while blow-drying your hair, it’s only natural to wonder whether there’s a connection. The reality is that as long as you’re not burning your skin or irritating your scalp with your hairdryer, it won’t cause hair loss.
Is ceramic or ionic hair dryer better?
By understanding the technology behind both dryers, we can conclude that ceramic hair dryers are better than ionic hairdryers because ionic hairdryers build an electromagnetic field to emit negatively-charged ions, and this electromagnetic field is dangerous for long time use.